For those that may be hitting Dell World for the first time this year, here are some tips and tricks to maximize your time spent there. Although we are a Dell Partner, and not necessarily a direct customer, I think many of the tips below will hold true regardless.
- Don't schedule your time back to back for the entire conference. If you do so, you will find that it went by way too fast and you weren't able to spend time exploring and mingling.
- Block off a couple of hours for the solution showcase. In the showcase area, you will most certainly bring back with you an idea, solution to a problem, or a strategy for your next IT initiative.
- Mingle as much as you can. You will find that most people are open to a cold introduction. Most places to meet people are at the recharge lounges, breakfast/lunches, or night activities
- Save one night for yourself to explore Austin. BBQ and music are the highlights. Rent a bike and take it along the river trail, eat dinner at a famous BBQ joint (The Salt Lick is my favorite - https://www.saltlickbbq.com/)
- Make sure to attend the keynotes. Michael Dell does an excellent job of explaining the future of Dell in a "non-typical CEO" like way.
Next week, I will write my review and highlights from the event.