Microsoft recently announced changes to commercial pricing which will be effective March 1, 2022. This is the first major price change since Microsoft launched over a decade ago with major innovations delivered in three key areas - communication and collaboration, security and compliance, and AI and automation.
With price increases up to 25%, these changes will inevitably impact organizations. How to reduce the hit:
- Early preparation
- Renewal price protection options
Pricing changes go into effect on March 1, 2022 and these increases will apply globally with local market adjustments for certain regions. There are no changes to pricing for education and consumer products at this time. See below for a rundown of the pricing list for commercial products:
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic (from $5 to $6 per user)
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium (from $20 to $22 per user)
- Office 365 E1 (from $8 to $10 per user)
- Office 365 E3 (from $20 to $23 per user)
- Office 365 E5 (from $35 to $38 per user)
- Microsoft 365 E3 (from $32 to $36 per user)
Check out more information on the new Microsoft 365 pricing on the Microsoft Blog.