Since Dale Mathisen joined our engineering team at Cyber Advisors he immediately gained respect from fellow engineers and our customers. Dale is very thoughtful, detail-oriented and diligent engineer and communicates well with our clients.
Dale loves to keep up with current technologies and is an excellent troubleshooter. He is introspective and enjoys getting to the bottom of tricky issues that require focused thought and energy. He looks for the cause of troublesome issues and takes the time to ensure the same issue doesn’t occur again. Dale digs in and understands quickly what the goals of the organization are and is able to make recommendations accordingly.
Dale Mathisen’s quiet but focused energy, his genuine desire to master new technologies, and his dedication and dependability make him one of Cyber Advisor’s most promising network engineers.
Current Position: Network Engineer
Joined Cyber Advisors in February 2016.
What are three words that describe you?
1. Listener: I learn from others by listening, not speaking J
2. Detailed: I like to know as much as possible about things, so I can make detailed decisions on things
3. Humorous: Once I get to know people, I can have them laughing with some of the “Off the Wall” comments I come up with
What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
- I love going to classic car shows during the summer months. Yes, I am a gear head.
- Music: I enjoy almost every type of music
- Hockey (Viewer….NOT a Player): A am a huge hockey fan. I have attended at least one MN Wild game each year for the past 5 years
What are two things people would be surprised to know about you?
- I have performed in at least 10 dance recitals with my daughter(s). Dad-n-Daughter dances. (Yes, we had fun!! J )
- I hope to travel when my youngest daughter graduates high school. I am counting down the months (weeks)….lol
Before working at Cyber Advisors, what was the most unusual or interesting job you've ever had?
I worked at a few car dealerships right out of high school. Yes, I tested that rate at which rubber decreases on tires as the wheels of the vehicle increase their rotational velocity…….aka…..I did burnouts.
What is one of your favorite quotes?
"Nothin’ burps better than bacon" (Ed O’Neil, from the movie “Dutch”)
What goal(s) would you like to accomplish in the next year?
Relaxation: I have been going non-stop for at least the past 5 years.
I have some home improvements planned for this year
I also plan to learn more tech-no-geek things.